BRAW is a microbrewery inside of a microbrewery. Based in the basement of Nørrebro Bryghus’ restaurant on Ryesgade 3, Nørrebro, Copenhagen, BRAW is thriving to keep the kettle boiling with new, exciting beers at all times.
When Nørrebro Bryghus started in 2003, the small brewhouse in Ryesgade 3 was used to create lots of new interesting beer, for the then young and thirsty craft beer market.
In December of 2016 BRAW was born. As a brainchild of head of sales Bjørn Klubien and brewer Emil Rosendahl, BRAW was a way to give new life back to the old brewhouse at Ryesgade 3.
Ever since, we have been keeping the kettle alive and brewed new and exciting beers to maximum capacity. Our beers represent who we are – a group of people who just wanna have fun – BUT, who want to drink delicious beers while having said fun.
In May of 2018 we took over the basement bar as well, and BRAW Bar was a reality.
So what group of people makes up BRAW, you ask. Let’s introduce the team:
- Bjørn Klubien (alter-ego in cartoon: Daddy B): Head of sales with BRAW. Bjørn is the adult who paves the way for us to do what we’re best at. And he’s the greatest athlete in DK.
- Emil Rosendahl (alter-ego in cartoon: Emil): Headbrewer at BRAW. Emil is the master of the craft and the man with the movie references for the beer names (it’s mainly his fault, they’re so long.) He will also win a stare contest any day, against anyone.
- Tue Uldall (alter-ego in cartoon: Two): Assistant brewer at BRAW. Tue is Emil’s right hand and best friend. Tue is our rock - nothing shakes this man. He is also the best dressed brewer in DK.
- Julie Maria Christensen (alter-ego in cartoon: J-Train): Sales- & Brand Manager at BRAW. Julie is the force on the streets, in the night life and on social media, where she will haunt you with endless posts of her BRAW cartoons and events.
- Andreas Polfareren Pedersen (alter-ego in cartoon: Andreas): Bar Manager & Brand Ambassador at BRAW. Andreas is our fearless leader at BRAW Bar. Nothing gets past him in terms of flavors and just general “good taste”. Whether it’s regarding interior design or gins, this man knows what he likes and dislikes.
- Joakim Fosvold (alter-ego in cartoon: Joakim): Assistant to-the Bar Manager (Assistant Bar Manager) at BRAW. Joakim is our gentle giant. He is the most likeable bartender in all of DK, we’ve asked around. He is also our in-house arts and crafts guy; you will often find him creating a beautiful drawing with his crayons or taking awesome photos for our Instagram page (Julie doesn’t know Instagram yet).
- Christian Abenth (alter-ego in cartoon: Chrille): Our biggest supporter and man of many talents. Christian gets sent out to help customers with their day-to-day issues, regarding line cleaning and getting the tap systems to work perfectly. That he looks like a male model for professional work wear while doing so, is just a perk.
- Simon Quitzau (alter-ego in cartoon: Simon Quitzau): Creative genius for BRAW. Simon has agreed to cope with Julie’s never ending stream-of-concioussness-like flow of facebook messages. In other words, he is the man that miraculously manages to draw everything exactly the way we imagined it. AND he comes up with the most awesome artwork for our labels.
That’s the team, now – what’s with the name?
BRAW is an old Scottish word meaning something fine, good or pleasing. Our linguistic analysis would claim, that the word travelled to Scotland through the Vikings. In old norse the word "brav" would be used to describe a man as brave or good. And we like that.